- To promote Isshinryu karate and maintain the integrity of the original form as taught by Master Shimabuku.
- To increase self-confidence and inner peace.
- To practice self-defense.
- To increase: conditioning, flexibility, strength, balance and coordination.
- To promote a spirit of camaraderie and respect between members.
- To channel aggression into a useful form.
- Our intention is not to promote physical violence inside or outside the Dojo.
The Creed of Karate
I come to you with only karate – empty hands. I have no weapons; but should I be forced to defend myself, my principals, or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong, then here are my weapons – Karate – My empty hands.
Codes of Karate
1) A person’s heart is the same as heaven and earth.
2) The blood circulating is similar to the moon and sun.
3) A manner of drinking and spitting is either hard or soft.
4) A person’s unbalance is the same as a weight.
5) The body should be able to change direction at any time
6) The time to strike is when opportunity presents itself.
7) The eye must see all sides.
8) The ear must listen in all directions.